Located in West Newton, Westmoreland County, Greenwalt Farm is owned and operated by Ina and John Greenawalt. The farm has been in the family for generations and is best known for its delicious, locally raised eggs. Ina's other products include cheese and cured meats, as well as assorted jellies and jams.
The Greenawalt's children, Melanie and Brian, sell their own products too. Melanie provides simple mending services and brings in quilts to sell. Brian supplies fresh milk and produce. During winter months, Greenawalt Farm sells locally grown produce, with some acquired from the wholesale markets.
Greenawalt eggs are laid by free roaming chickens. This means they can roam inside the barn and outside. They are fed a natural diet that consists of field corn, grains such as wheat, barley and oats, vitamins and minerals. Given their free roaming habitat, they also eat grass, bugs and grains. They are not fed any additives or preservatives. The Greenawalts supplement the eggs that they produce with some obtained from Amish farmers from Somerset County. Stop by and talk to Ina and she will tell you all about it!
Greenawalt accepts credit, debit and access cards, farmers market produce vouchers, and of course cash
- Locally raised eggs
- Vegetables and fruit
- Bird seed
- Locally made mustard from Backyard Gardens, Ohiopyle, PA
- Amish made jellies and jams made by Katie Yoder, Salisbury, PA
- Apple Butter made by Sam Beechie, Salisbury, PA
- Spices packed in reusable tins, made by Signature Spices, Altoona, PA
- A variety of cured meats made by John F. Martin of Lancaster County, PA- items typically include bacon, hot dogs, kielbasa, scrapple
- Fontana Pasta products made in Vandergrift, PA- items are offered frozen and typically include noodles, raviolis, sauce and soups
- Dairy products from Marburger Farm Dairy
- Raw milk products
- Homemade dried egg noodles made by Byler's Bakery, Myersdale, PA
- Pure honey products made by Ed's Honey Bee Products, Donora, PA