Warm Yourself with Homemade Goodness at Saturday's Market!
We hope to see you on Saturday, March 4th!
Below is a list of offerings this week from a few of our vendors:Bandy Woodworks
- It's March, and that means springtime is coming! It's time to start thinking about projects in and around your home. Stop by BANDY Woodworks to talk about how we can help you with the project you've been dreaming of. Our recent projects have included custom tables made from reclaimed wood and a beautiful end-grain countertop, What can we do for YOU?
- Stop by to try up to 20 flavors of hummus!
- Winter Squash - great for cold nights!
- Root vegetable & Potatoes
- Dried Beans, Amish Canned Goods
J.L.KENNEDY MEAT STAND
Special items for Saturday, March 4th:
We have so many low-cost, low-fat meats for healthy meals while you are staying warm and maybe watching sports!
WHOLE CHICKEN LEGS
BONE-IN CHICKEN BREAST, halves or whole
LEAN BEEF SIRLOIN STEAK, quick marinade for a lean but hearty steak salad, steak and veg. stir-fry, steak & potatoes
ULTRA-LEAN GROUND SIRLOIN, for Salisbury steak patties, or quick saute with vegs, broth , and rice or noodles
BEEF SHOULDER ROASTS, easiest pot roast that fall apart whether you slow-cook it or basic oven roasting
T-BONE STEAKS, affordable loin option for smaller serving sizes
PLEASE…PLACE ORDERS NOW FOR NEXT SATURDAY’S PICKLED CORNED BEEF BRISKET PICK-UP ON MARCH 11TH. THIS ITEM ALWAYS SELLS OUT AND IS PRE-PACKAGED TO ROUGHLY 3-5# SIZING…great for St. Patty’s Day !
- Please call in your orders as soon as possible: To place an order with the Kennedys, please call their farm office at (724) 898-2316. Ordering hours are Monday-Thursday 9AM-9PM and Friday 9AM-6PM, or call the market on Saturdays at 412-661-1875.
Fresh from the fields this week:
- Freshly-squeezed Cider
- Homegrown Apples: Empire, Stayman, Rome, McIntosh, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Idared, and Jonagold
- Homegrown Yellow Onions
- Pre-ordered Frozen Whole Chickens and Frozen Whole Turkeys available for pick-up on Saturday morning! Please call Kistaco Farm Market at 724-478-4361 to order, or for further information. Please call in orders by 4pm on Friday, March 3rd.
- The Local Ladle will be back at market this week with frozen soup by the quart and pint. I’ll have several varieties including March Minestrone, Chicken Soup with Hominy, and Beet Bliss.
- Welcome back to NYR Organic!
- Free organic green complex with any half price Superfood- Organic cocoa complex, Organic berry complex- New Frankincense collections sets- Beauty sleep concentrate now $39.75 March 6 - 13- Free exclusive gift when you host a party or event (Beauty sleep body lotion or Rosemary and Elderberry shower gel)- Stop and get new Spring catalog!
New items include:- Lemongrass with White Balsamic Vinegar
- Ruby Red Grapefruit with White Balsamic Vinegar
- Sriracha Mango with White Balsamic Vinegar
Straight Up Mixer
- Stop by for your morning cup of Kew Park coffee and a freshly squeezed glass of OJ.
- Our mixers will be available for tasting and purchase - Sharp Ginger Beer and Raw Lime Cordial.
Wheel and Wedge Cheese Shop
- Brand new cheese to the case this week: Hooligan from Cato Corner Farm. Hooligan is Cato's signature "stinky" cheese with a soft creamy paste, slightly firmer center and orange rind. Flavors are reminiscent of a French Muenster. Perfect on its own, but also melts well for grilled cheese.
- Miatake mushrooms, Marroon Carrots
- 3 Types of Microgreens, Spinach, Asparagus
- Strawberries, Meyer Lemons & more!