Shop on April 8th at the East Liberty Farmers' Market!
We hope to see you on Saturday, April 8th!
Below is a list of offerings this week from a few of our vendors:
- Spring is a great time to think about projects around the house. Stop by BANDY Woodworks to talk about how we can help you with the woodworking design you've been dreaming of. Our recent projects include a custom counter top, a set of tables made from reclaimed pine, custom built-in cabinets/bookshelves, and radiator covers. What can we do for YOU?
- Stop by to try up to 20 flavors of hummus!
- Dried Beans
- Canned Goods
J.L.KENNEDY MEAT STAND
Special items for Saturday, April 8th:
We have easy meal options for your Pittsburgh weekend and busy week ahead!
BONELESS CENTER CUT PORK LOIN ROASTS OR BONELESS PORK CHOPS, please specify size/weight, so versatile for oven roasting, slow-cooking with kraut and apples, or vegetables, quick saute on chops, etc.
EYE OF ROUND ROAST, to season and roast to medium-well, half hour to rest, and sliced very thinly
SIRLOIN STEAKS, lean option for salads, tacos, stroganoff, stir-fry
GROUND ROUND, ultra lean for stuffed peppers, stir fry, tacos, etc.
LOCAL-RAISED WHOLE RABBITS, limited time for this special item, please call with questions
PLEASE PLACE YOUR HOLIDAY/EASTER ORDERS NOW !! Pick-up is next Saturday, April 15th from 5-10 AM onlyOPTIONS = HALF AND WHOLE HICKORY-SMOKED HAMSAGED BONELESS PRIME RIB ROASTS OR STEAKSBONELESS LEGS OF LAMBWHOLE BONE-IN LAMB SHANKSTHICK LAMB LOIN CHOPSLARGE ROASTING CHICKENSANY BEEF SPECIALTY ROASTS/STEAKS
- Please call in your orders as soon as possible: To place an order with the Kennedys, please call their farm office at (724) 898-2316. Ordering hours are Monday-Thursday 9AM-9PM and Friday 9AM-6PM, or call the market on Saturdays at 412-661-1875.
Fresh from the fields this week:
- Freshly-squeezed Cider
- Homegrown Apples: Empire, Rome, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Idared
- Pre-ordered Frozen Whole Chickens and Frozen Whole Turkeys available for pick-up on Saturday morning! Please call Kistaco Farm Market at 724-478-4361 to order, or for further information. Please call in orders by 4pm on Friday, April 7th.
- The Local Ladle will be back at market this week with bright and flavorful soups for spring, including cheeky chicken and rice and carrot coco curry with ginger and turmeric.
- Mother's Day gift set will be arriving soon.
- Consider organic skin care product for that special person!
- Call for special orders or contact Mary Ann at 412 712 7174
New items include:- Lemongrass with White Balsamic Vinegar
- Ruby Red Grapefruit with White Balsamic Vinegar
- Sriracha Mango with White Balsamic Vinegar
Straight Up Mixer
- We will have samples of our mixers for tasting and purchase - Sharp Ginger Beer and Raw Lime Cordial.
- New Shipment of Kew Park Coffee Beans. Dark and Light Beans available for purchase.
- We will also have some cold pressed coffee concentrate available this Saturday. Take some home!
Wheel and Wedge Cheese Shop
- Old favorites return to the case this weekend:
- Pound Cake from Sugar House Creamery (NY)- Mobay from Carr Valley (WI)
Newcomer:- Cabra La Mancha from Firefly Farms (MD) - an aged, washed rind cheese made from pasteurized goat's milk. Aged for at least 10 weeks, making it semi-soft and funky. Enjoy on it's own or melt in some of your favorite recipes.
- Fresh Strawberries from North Carolina!
- Leeks, Asparagus, Spinach
- Maroon Carrots, Kale, Chard
- Pom Pom Mushrooms & more